In the beginning


It started just before Christmas 2009. While catching up with Sarah for a Christmas drink an idea was born "to get out there amongst it". I was complaining how life was boring and passing me by. This was prompted by 'cabin fever' resulting from spending almost 3 months climbing the four walls of my one bedroom apartment. It occurred to me that I live within 7km of the City of Melbourne, Australia and I am a cultural philistine.

On Christmas Day with the help of David, Nicola, Paul and Scott, we listed close to 50 cultural experiences that are offered in this great city that have somehow passed me by in the 20 years I have lived here. So with a little help, we begin a yearlong odyessy to discover what I have been missing. You dear readers are invited to join me on a tour of Melbourne, Australia and a Year of Living Culturally....

1 comment: